I can tell you for sure that I don't like acne AT ALL! Yes, and I'm pretty sure no one out there likes being pimply either. So I'd like to share a few products I use that help me get rid of those red bumps quickly and effectively.

First off, I'd like to say that I'm no dermatologist or anyone specialized in the field. I, like many other girls and gals, had to try out products consistently (oh the struggle was so real) before I finally came down to these several products.

So let's start with what type of skin I have. I have extremely sensitive combination skin, so I mainly get shiny and oily at my t-zone. Acne has been with me for around 3-4 years now, and it hasn't been able to calm down until recently... but I won't get too detailed with my acne story...Let's save that for later.

Let's get started shall we?


The first product I'd like to introduce is the "Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Gel." This is basically a salicylic acid gel spot treatment. It's quite gentle and does a great job in shrinking acne and fading acne scars. After squirting the gel onto my pimples, I've realized that it forms a thin protective layer. Typically, you're supposed to apply 1-2 times a day; however, I occasionally got as far as 3-4 times a day, more so when my skin isn't in such a pleasant condition. Scent-wise, it smells quite pleasant, not chemically like other products.


If you're looking for an affordable product that works effectively, considering it's price, I strongly suggest Neutrogena's product. High end spot treatments you may ask? I actually really like Clinique's spot treatment. But it just got too expensive to use on a daily basis. Despite this, their product works just as well (maybe even better - they've renewed the formula since the last time I purchased it. So the one about is the "old" version). Only downside is the price :(



Next product is the St. Ive's acne scrubs. I enjoy using Apricot and Green Tea (CVS finally carries the large version of the GT one. Previously, I could only find the travel size version but now... Yes!). You guys have heard enough about how awesome these products work, right?  The scrubs' main purpose is for exfolitation. Paired with an appropriate skin regimine, exfoliating will most definitely help improve your skin condition as it helps scrub off the dead skin. But for a more in depth explanation and/or review on these products, simple go on YouTube. They're everywhere.

I typically use them as a morning face wash, although some might argue that doing this is a bit too harsh on the skin, but to be honest this method sped up the recover rate of my skin. If you feel bold then give this method a try. Otherwise, just follow the directions on the back of the tube. In my opinion, both methods work well. It really all comes down to personal preference. Hehe!


Last product is clay mask! Clay masks do an absolutely wonderful job in extracting the dirt and other unwanted gunk from the skin. My personal favorites are Innisfree's  Jeju Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask and Sumita's Purify Mask . Depending on the one you buy, there may be other benefits as well. For example, the Jeju Volcanic mask helps control excess sebum, prevent blackheads, as well as fade acne scars. 

picture from shopsumita.com
 I use clay masks every time I start to break out and thus have been able to keep my acne under control even when T.O.M. or Voldemort or the thing that must not be named or 大姨媽 or googly bear or menstrual period or whatever else you'd like to call it... (There's seriously so many names for this) pays me a visit.

So these are my 3 go-to products for treating acne! If you're wondering about bacne, I generally like to use the same products. Hope this post helped in some way. Do keep in mind that although these products worked wonderfully for me, they may not necessarily work for you. So remember to do your research and be discreet when trying the products out. Questions about the products I mentioned or other similar products? Please comment below, tweet me, or email me :) 


Just as a fun fact, take a look at how many tubes I've used up. I know.... Crazy right? @_@

Thanks for reading!

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram