I went to AX right after I came back from Japan? That's right. The timing couldn't possibly get any better than this.  As I've only really begun watching anime last year, I didn't really know what the whole expo was really about. But having gone through all the fun stuff this year, I think it would be awesome to share a bit of my experience and advice. And yes, I will be returning next year!

What I Expected

  • Festival-like booths
  • Lots of free activities
  • Lots of free food
  • Spending little money

What really happened

  • Lots of people
  • Lots of walking
  • Non-premier fans = wait in line in the hot hot sun
  • Spend lots of money
  • No free food
  • Many free fans and posters and stickers
  • Awesome cosplays
  • Awesome AC
  • 'Sold Out' signs the second day

What I Learned

  • Bring extra cash with you just in case some booths don't accept credit card
  • Wear extra comfy shoes
  • If you wear makeup, make sure it's long lasting and sweatproof
  • Bring snacks and water. The lines are never ending.
  • Download the app/schedule. Be on time early to line up at events, especially if you're not Premier Fan status.
  • Don't hesitate to buy something if you really want it. I wanted a figurine but decided to sit on it for an hour. When I returned to buy it... Sold Out. I learned my lesson.
  • Visit Artist Alley the last day. Bargaining might actually work!
  • Carpool or have someone drop you off. As expected everything's expensive, even parking.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Instagram